Yes, it's a bit late in coming. Yes, even I expected to be straight on here posting about it the very minute it did happen.
But happened it has.
Wales are finally free of the shackles of the ageing dinosaur that is Toshack Out.
Oh, sorry, that's John Toshack. I apologise, that's instinct from the last 6 years kicking in.
Yes, we may have Brian Flynn in temporary charge.
Yes, we may have lost all hope of qualifying for Euro 2012 with 0 points and 1 goal in three games.
Yes, we may still be as poor as ever.
Yes, our captain may rather play for the Bluebirds than the Dragons (or maybe not).
But the one shining beacon of hope for the future of the men's national football team of Wales is that Toshack Out is no longer at the helm.
Now, if only we could ship out the rest of the old codgers at the FAW while we're at it.
I don't care if we're rubbish - we're Welsh. I'd give anything to pop over to Ireland for the Celtic nations tournament next spring.
And the best news of the lot is Aaron Ramsey's back in training with Arsenal.

No comments:
Post a Comment